Automotive Service Worker
Under general supervision to inspect and service school buses and other district vehicles; to perform routine preventive maintenance and/or repairs and minor overhauls of the district’s motorized equipment as required; to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs timely inspections of school buses to comply with state laws and regulations
- Maintains established service schedules on district vehicles and related recordkeeping
- Reviews daily defect reports and makes repairs
- Checks and makes repairs to electrical systems
- Changes points, plugs and condensers
- Checks and corrects timing
- Reports defective equipment or parts and replaces or repairs as directed
- Removes, repairs and replaces water hoses, belts, pumps, generators, alternators, compressors, rear ends and brakes as directed
- Performs seat repairs and minor body work
- Makes emergency runs to assist with breakdowns and malfunctions on the road
- May drive school bus as required
- Locates and diagnoses mechanical defects
- Performs automotive preventative maintenance and repair work
- Follows oral and written directions
- Performs heavy physical labor.
Possession of an appropriate California Operator’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles; possession of a valid School Bus Operator’s Certificate issued through examination by the California Highway Patrol.