Under general supervision, to operate a school bus over designated routes to transport students; and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drives a bus over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, picking up and discharging students
- Transports students and staff on special trips to various locations, choosing the best route, and making departure and arrival times as scheduled
- Services buses with fuel and oil
- Washes buses and cleans interiors
- Maintains order among students on the bus
- Maintains records of students transported, miles driven, and fuel used
- Advises on repairs needed
- Drives a school bus safely and efficiently
- Maintains order among students on a school bus
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Possession of appropriate California Operator’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles and a California school bus drivers’ certificate to operate a school bus.