Under the supervision of the Custodial Leader, to personally perform and, as required, plan, assign and coordinate routine cleaning work in an assigned school plan; performs routine maintenance and repairs to assigned plant equipment and does related work as required by the building administrator consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- As directed, assists in preparation of work schedules, cleaning programs, and sees that work is done in accordance with instructions
- Assists in cleaning
- Sweeps sidewalks and play areas and picks up debris
- Sweeps, scrubs, mops, and waxes floors
- Vacuums rugs and carpets; reports needed repair work to proper maintenance personnel
- Makes adjustments and repairs to a variety of school plant fixtures and equipment
- Requests custodial supplies and equipment as needed
- May receive and deliver a variety of school plant supplies
- Directs visitors and safeguards school property, as assigned
- Coordinates the work of others
- Participates in the general cleaning and maintenance of school plant buildings and grounds during the summer months.
- Must pass qualifying tests.
- Two years of experience in school custodial work.
- Possess valid California driver’s license.