Lead Night Custodian – High School
- Under general supervision, coordinates the use of facilities for school and outside user group
- Coordinates the work of assigned employees
- Personally performs and oversees routine cleaning work in an assigned school plant
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs to assigned plant and equipment and does related work as required.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- As directed, coordinates the activities of custodians as assigned
- Prepares work schedules and determines that work is done in accordance with instruction
- Trains and instructs custodians in proper methods
- Coordinates and assists in the set up of facilities for the activities of user groups
- Monitors use of facilities to insure proper usage
- Assists in cleaning
- Sweeps sidewalks and play areas and picks up debris
- Sweeps, scrubs, mops, waxes floors
- Vacuums rugs and carpets as needed
- Reports needed repair work to proper maintenance personnel
- Conducts inspections of the school plant, including heating and ventilating systems to ensure that standards of safety are met
- Maintains security of buildings, locking and unlocking doors and windows
- Requests custodial supplies and equipment as needed
- Directs visitors and safeguards school property
- Participates in the general cleaning and maintenance of school plant buildings and grounds during the summer months.
- Must pass qualifying tests.
- One year of experience in school custodial work or equivalent