Maintenance – Utility Worker III
Under general supervision, to assist in performing skilled maintenance and repair work on District buildings, grounds and equipment. To receive, distribute, operate and store maintenance equipment and supplies. To operate a heavy duty truck or other District vehicle to distribute the equipment and supplies, and do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in keeping school buildings, facilities and equipment clean and in proper running order and working condition.
- Assist in building trades as necessary on District buildings, equipment and materials.
- Assist in performing a variety of skilled repair duties in plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, heating/ventilating systems, boiler equipment and machinery. Assist in laying flooring, assembly of cabinets, furniture, partitions, shelving and bookcases.
- Laying bricks, repairing plaster, repairing roofs, and leak proofing buildings.
- Assist in minor alterations and emergency major repairs. Uses hand and power tools related to work performed.
- Off loads delivery trucks.
- Receive, distribute, store and deliver maintenance equipment and supplies.
- Keeps an updated inventory of various maintenance equipment and supplies.
- Operates forklift, or other District vehicles as required.
- Performs heavy physical labor. Keep maintenance warehouse facility in a clean and safe condition.
- Follows common safety practices and procedures.
- Follows oral and written instructions.
Must pass qualifying test.
Possess an appropriate California operator’s “A” driver’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles by the end of the 5th month of employment in this position. Must possess appropriate forklift certificate.
One year general experience in construction, building equipment and mechanical maintenance, or demonstrable equivalent.