Under supervision, to perform a variety of assistance activities for identified students and families; to identify and recruit families for the Migrant program; to do related work as required, consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to the Coordinator of Student Services and/or designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with identified families at home or in office to complete necessary paperwork to enroll the family into the Migrant program
- Maintain accurate records and data as needed for necessary reports
- Update student records in the HP system as necessary
- Attend district or regional in-services
- Contact and visit local business to identify and recruit families for the Migrant program
- Serve as a liaison to link families to community resources; assist with parent involvement activities
- Meet with new students and families to address educational goals
- Serve as a link between home and school to solve problems affecting identified students
- Pass regional recruitment test.
- Must pass qualifying tests.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Knowledge of community resources/agencies.
- Knowledge of community
- Possesses a valid California motor vehicle operator’s license.