- Under limited supervision, performs a variety of technical and specialized tasks in the Educational Services Center, school sites, and business sites to support and maintain local area networks, the wide area network, and related network hardware and systems
- To support network functions in the operations of data and VOIP telephony.
- Provide network support to end users and Technology staff.
- Support Technology department goals related to maintaining systems uptime and preserving data security (maintaining cybersecurity).
Reports directly to the Technology Director or designee.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Configure and maintain the network and monitor network performance, including local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and WiFi networks
- Configure and maintain routing and Virtual LANs (VLANs) as needed.
- Identify and install upgrades to the network hardware, software, and systems.
- Monitor user access to the network environment.
- Troubleshoots network problems and provides support to site technology technicians for network-related issues.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain a variety of records and reports related to assigned activities.
- Trains Technology Department staff on basic network support for end users, as appropriate.
- Coordinates and configures network services with the Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE), as appropriate.
- Travel to District sites to troubleshoot network hardware and software related problems
- Determine and perform repairs and upgrades to network cabling systems.
- Coordinate network system changes with staff, ensuring uninterrupted computer services to District users.
- Work with Technology Director to support firewall changes
- Provide second-level support to VOIP telephony.
- Other relevant Technology department duties as assigned.
Hands-on experience and knowledge of computers, printers, network routers, Ethernet switches and network administration; experience configuring network hardware; experience working with and configuring wireless networks and VOIP telephony.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Plan and organize work.
- Prioritize and schedule work.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Arm-lift 40 pounds and floor-lift 40 pounds.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information.
- See to view computer monitor and read a variety of materials.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Bend at waist, kneel and crouch to perform repairs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field of study.
OTHER CCNA or similar certification desired.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Valid California driver’s license.
Office environment. Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
SALARY & WORKYEAR Salary range 43 225 day work year
March 2, 2020