Night Head Custodian – Middle School
Under general supervision, to personally perform and oversee routine cleaning work in an assigned school plant; performs routine maintenance and repairs to assigned plant and equipment and does related work as required.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- As directed, assists in preparation of work schedules and determines that work is done in accordance with instructions
- Trains and instructs custodians in proper methods
- Keeps supervisor informed of the work performance of assigned employees
- Assists in cleaning
- Sweeps sidewalks and play areas, and picks up debris
- Sweeps, scrubs, mops and waxes floors
- Vacuums rugs and carpets
- Reports needed repair work to proper maintenance personnel
- Conducts routine inspections of the school plant, including heating and ventilating systems, to ensure that standards of safety are met
- Maintains security of buildings, locking and unlocking doors and windows
- Requests custodial supplies and equipment as needed
- Directs visitors and safeguards school property
- As assigned coordinates the work of others and participates in the general cleaning and maintenance of school plant buildings and grounds during the summer months
- Directs setting up for community services.
- Must pass qualifying tests.
- One year of experience in school custodial work.