Offset Duplicating Equipment Operator II
- Under limited supervision with a high degree of skill, to operate DocuTech, offset duplicating machines and related equipment for reproducing copy, in one or more colors, from direct image or metal plates
- To operate camera for making masters, film negative, and positive proofs for layout
- To clean, adjust, and perform minor repairs on equipment
- To coordinate the work of Offset Duplicating Operator I’s
- And to do related work as required.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- With a high degree of skill operates, cleans, and adjusts the following equipment: DocuTech, electrostatic master maker, direct master maker, power paper cutter, folder, stitcher, drill, collator, operates process camera
- Prepares machines for operation with particular reference to blankets, pressures, mechanical adjustments and location of images
- Cleans and makes minor repairs on equipment
- Performs such operations as cutting of paper, drilling, collating, stapling, binding, folding and padding
- Receives orders and runs required number of copies
- Delivers finished work to district sites
- Overtime is part of the job responsibility
- Coordinates the work of others.
Must pass qualifying tests.
- Two years experience using a variety of offset duplicating and related equipment.
- DocuTech training.