- Under direction, to manage a school food service operation
- To plan and assist in quantity food production
- To do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans, organizes, and assists in preparing food for students and staff
- Sets standards of efficiency, neatness, and sanitation in food preparation and storage
- Develops work schedules and assigns duties to effectively use personnel
- Adjusts work schedules to accommodate absenteeism and emergencies
- Ensures that all equipment and supplies are available for the daily activities of the food service unit
- Estimates food qualitites needed and orders supplies from vendors and the warehouse
- Arranges for the proper storage of food and supplies
- Maintains inventories of stock
- Assigns and instructs new personnel in proper work methods and procedures involved in food preparation and serving
- Works with custodial and maintenance staff in keeping food service unit in a clean and sanitary condition
- Confers with Coordinator and/or Supervisor of Food Services regarding the needs for the food service operations
- Prepares reports for nutritional and fiscal accountability as required. Understands and carries out oral and written instruction
- Works cooperatively with those contacted in the course of work.
- Possession of food safety certificate as required by California State law.
- Must pass qualifying tests.
Three years of increasingly responsible experience in food preparation including experience in an institutional food service operation.