RCA I – Bilingual
- Under supervision, to perform a variety of paraprofessional, instructional, and clerical activities as directed by instructional personnel, in a variety of settings
- To translate, write and/or converse in a foreign language
- and to do related work as required, consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Using bilingual skills, assists instructional personnel with the presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises
- Tutors students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow up learning activities in a resource center and/or an individual classroom
- Oversees and supervises students during activities in classrooms, media centers, playgrounds and on field trips
- Assists instructional personnel in the management of student behavior
- May assist in parent conferences
- Attends inservice meetings as required
- Assists in maintaining a neat, orderly, and attractive learning environment
- Operates audio-visual and office equipment
- Performs all related duties as assigned. Supervise students
- Demonstrate an understanding, patient, and receptive attitude toward students
- Communicates correctly in oral and written form
- Understands and carries out oral and written instructions
- Maintains cooperative relationships with the supervising teachers, staff, and parents
- Performs basic arithmetical calculations accurately.
Must pass qualifying tests.