RCA I – Special Education
Under supervision, to perform a variety of paraprofessional, instructional, and clerical tasks as directed by instructional personnel, to work in a variety of settings with students with physical, emotional, educational, or behavioral handicaps; and to related work as required, consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists instructional personnel with the presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises
- Tutors students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow up learning activities in a resource center and/or an individual classroom
- Oversees and supervises students during activities in classrooms, media centers, playgrounds, and on filed trips
- Attends inservice meetings as required
- Assists in maintaining a neat, orderly, and attractive learning environment
- Operates audio-visual and office equipment
- Performs all relate duties as assigned
- Supervises students
- Demonstrates an understanding, patient, and receptive attitude toward students
- Communicates correctly in oral and written form
- Understands and carries out oral and written instructions
- Maintains cooperative relationships with the supervising teachers, staff, and parents
- Performs basic arithmetic calculations accurately.
Must pass qualifying test.