Support the district-wide server, storage, and cloud infrastructure to maintain maximumuptime, ensure compliance, and safeguard data security.
Reports directly to the Technology Director or designee.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain the district’s fleet of physical and virtual servers (aka: virtual machines)running Microsoft Windows Server, various distributions of Linux, and VMwarevSphere &
- ESXi Administer all SAN storage
- Configure and optimize snapshot backups
- Performserver backups/restores as needed.
- Configure and maintain Microsoft Active Directory, Domain Controllers, GroupPolicy (GPOs), Microsoft SQL Server and other related Microsoft systems asneeded. Configure and deploy
- Microsoft Windows Server Update Services WSUS as needed.
- Deploy upgrades, updates, and patches as needed for all server systems including our locally hosted Student Information System.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the availability and security of data.
- Work to centralize data from older archive data systems to newer, more modern storage systems.
- Create and maintain all server documentation.
- Create and maintain a server disaster recovery plan.
- When necessary, work with vendor support to restore failed systems.
- If applicable, deploy and maintain print servers
- Configure system interconnections for Single Sign-On (SSO) and other data transfer mechanisms.
- Assist in implementing new or updated information systems.
- Other relevant Technology department duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Modern datacenter practices, procedures and equipment.
- Student Information Systems Software troubleshooting techniques.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Terminology, processes and operations of assigned office or program.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Basic research methods and documentation techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Communicate effectively with staff, administration and others as required.
- Maintain records, logs and files.
- Determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships withothers.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Plan and organize work.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assignedsoftware.
- Be able to multitask.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Knowledge and experience with physical and virtual servers, modern SAN storage systems, Windows Server and Linux.
- Knowledge and experience with school district office operations.
Three (3) years of responsible and varied experience in systems implementation, preferably including at least one (1) year of experience in a school district. One (1) year of experience providing support to computer software users.
Prefer an Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related area of study.
Range 43225 day work year March 2, 2020