Network Support Technician
- Under limited supervision, to perform a variety of technical, instructional, and clerical tasks in the Educational Services Center and school sites
- To support and maintain local area networks, wide area network, and related network hardware
- To assist in the administration of the Novell and Apple Share servers, and assist in the distribution of software to desktop computers.
Directly responsible to the Senior Network Specialist.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains Novell and Apple Share servers
- Provides and checks routine daily backups of all servers
- Installs and maintains network hubs, routers, and switches
- Provides network configuration for desktop computers
- Sets up network users at all New Haven locations
- Trouble shoots network problems
- Provides support for network-related issues to the site technology technicians
- Performs all related duties as assigned.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of microcomputers, Bay Networks hubs, routers, and switches, and network administration
- Experience configuring network hardware and experience working with and configuring Novell 4.1 and Apple Share 5.0.