Required Documents

Registration Requirements for Grades TK – 12

The following information is needed as a part of the enrollment process:

1. Address Verification

Prior to finalizing a student’s enrollment into New Haven, the child’s family must provide verification of their home address. The student’s parent/guardian must have TWO documents in their name listing their home address. Documents must be current, within 30 days (California Education Code 48204.1, New Haven Board Policy #S5111.1) You will be asked to upload these documents in this registration packet.

Acceptable documents are:

  • Property tax payment receipts
  • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipt
  • Residency utility service contract, statement, or receipt: PG&E, ACWD, Cable, Home Phone, or Garbage
  • Pay stub
  • Voter registration
  • Correspondence from government or county agency,
  • Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of pupil

2. Student Birthdate Verification (TK/K enrollees or students who never attended California public school)

If your child is enrolling for Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, or has never attended a California public school. You will be directed by our Enrollment Clerks about when to provide this documentation.

One of the following documents is required to verify their birthdate:

  • Original Birth Certificate with the county seal. This can be obtained through the county where your child was born. Souvenir certificates from birthing hospitals are NOT acceptable,
  • Original Baptismal Certificate signed by the pastor of their church,
  • Official passport.

3. For students that are transferring from a California public school

Please provide any of the following documents from your child’s previous school/district. This information will help with scheduling and placing your child appropriately.

  • Withdrawal grades or transfer form,
  • Report card/transcript,
  • English Language Proficiency Assessment for California (ELPAC) scores from previous school, if applicable,
  • Any other documents related to serving the student appropriately, i.e. Individualized Education Plans (IEP), Section 504 plans, Student Success Team (SST) meeting notes, etc.

4. Immunization Record

Your child will not be able to start school until you have provided documentation for ALL REQUIRED immunizations. This is a California state requirement. You will be asked to upload this documentation in this registration packet.

Linked is a document explaining California’s Immunization Requirements,

You can also review this document for Student Immunization Needs by Grade Level,

All incoming 7th Grade students must show proof of receiving their TDap immunization to start their 2021-2022 school year.

If you need a local physician, please refer to this list for references: Local Physician Resources.   Información de la Clínica Local

5. Proof of Health Examinations

Students new to kindergarten or first grade, are transfers from private school and have never attended a public school, and students new to the United States are required to provide this proof of a physical exam.

  • Families should print this form and take it to their physician to complete, which includes their signature.
  • Kaiser issues a physical exam form that can be submitted instead of the above-linked form. A physician must sign this form.
  • Forms MUST include a tuberculin (TB) risk assessment and skin test. A history of a positive skin test must have a report of a subsequent negative chest x-ray and a recent (within one year) physician evaluation of TB status.
  • If you need a physician, linked is a list of local health clinics that can provide this service.   Información de la Clínica Local

New Kindergarten enrollees are required to submit proof of an Oral Health Assessment.  Proveedores Dentales

  • Families should print this form and take it to their dentist to complete, which includes their signature.
  • If you need a dentist, linked is a list of local dentists that can provide this service.  

6. Special Education Services or Section 504 Plans

If your child receives services as dictated by an Individualized Education Plan or a Section 504 Plan, please submit a copy of the most recently signed plan. You will be able to upload the plan in this registration packet.

If no plan is available, please inform the Centralized Enrollment Center about who to contact for a copy of the plan.


Centralized Enrollment Center at the Union City Family Center
725 Whipple Road
Union City, CA 94587
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm