Office Assistant IV
- Under the direction of an administrator, plan, organize, and participate in performing work involving the requisition, allocation, distribution, and inventory of textbooks and surplus
- Coordinate activities with other clerical and purchasing staff
- Communicate with the administrator to assure sites have Board-approved textbooks in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive and sign for materials on textbook purchase orders
- Inspects incoming stock for conformity to purchase order specifications
- Report and follow District procedures in handling incoming stock shortages, damages, and other discrepancies
- Count, verify, and stamp incoming text orders
- Communicate with vendors for replacement or credit of books and shortages of orders
- Stock shelves.
- Communicate with assigned supervisor to assure sites have Board-approved textbooks in a timely manner.
- Fill requisitions from sites, package and prepare for delivery
- Monitor and fill backorders
- Verify delivery dates of items.
- Maintain inventory records of items received, delivered, and available
- Conduct annual textbook warehouse inventory.
- Process surplus materials accordance with District procedures.
- Receive, process and file purchase orders
- Record purchase orders in appropriate computer system
- Communicate with purchasing and accounting personnel regarding problems with purchase orders.
- Operate a computer and assigned software, warehouse equipment and tools, and standard office equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of texts and textbook warehouse areas
- Maintain stamps, carts and other items in proper working condition
- Move pallets as necessary.
- Order supplies for the department.
- Assist in the sale of books according to District procedures.
- Assist teachers with locating missing text materials
- Deliver and assist with teacher in-service materials.
- Assists teachers and students with check in / check out of books
- Assists with attendance reconciliation
- Assists with student billing system
- Perform related duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Terminology, processes and operations of assigned office or program.
- Record-keeping and filing techniques.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Basic research methods and report preparation techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic budgeting practices regarding monitoring and control.
- Basic math.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, staff and administration.
- Interpret, apply and explain applicable laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
- Maintain records, logs and files.
- Learn principles of training and providing work direction and guidance to others.
- Compile, assemble, verify and prepare data for records and reports.
- Determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Plan and organize work.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Be able to multitask.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch to file materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Type at a rate thirty-five (35) words per minute
- Pass qualifying tests.
One (1) year of broad and varied experience in clerical or warehouse inventory setting.
- Warehouse environment.
- Constant interruptions.