- Maintain the personnel position control system as it integrates with the budget and payroll system
- Maintain a coordinated relationship with payroll and personnel through the Personnel Coordinator and Business Manager.
Directly responsible to the Chief Personnel Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the technical and daily management and operation of the district’s position control system as it operates in conjunction with Personnel and the budget and payroll system.
- Responsible for working with the technology department, or County office or the lead system administrator’s, with updates, releases and modifications to the position control system.
- Responsible for training of personnel staff and site administrators and managers as applicable in operating and generating reports from the position control system.
- Responsible for analyzing data, checking for accuracy, and making necessary adjustments.
- Responsible for developing reports to extract data from the position control system to ensure accuracy of data input and maintenance.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of all essential master tables, salary schedules, and work calendars for the position control system.
- Works closely with business department in the utilization of personnel and financial software.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance in the position control system of authorized changes in positions, in hours/FTE, and account codes.
- Responsible for accurate application of account code structure in position control system.
- Responsible for position attachment, posting of additional earnings, health and welfare calculations and generating Personnel Action Forms (PAF) as needed for new and existing assignments.
- Responsible for periodic analytics and producing summary reports for District-wide positions in conjunction with the Adopted Budget and Interim Reports.
- Generates reports related to Personnel and position control.
- Provides and maintains information for personnel records regarding hires, transfers, terminations and status changes.
- Sets up the authorized positions and establishes the job codes for those positions.
- Perform complex analytical and technical tasks involving the position control system for Budget Development and the preparation of the annual District budgets.
- Works closely with the Business and Payroll Departments to ensure accuracy of position control records and salary projections.
- Acts as liaison with Personnel, Business and Payroll to provide increased understanding of budget, position control and payroll issues.
- Perform complex analytical and technical calculations involving program budget control and analysis and for the preparation of the annual District budgets.
- Develop spreadsheets used for projections and analysis and in the preparation of various financial reports.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Increasingly responsible experience in performing highly complex clerical and technical functions
- Experience in application of software programs in word processing and spreadsheets
- Position Control and/or Payroll experience desirable
- Correct English usage, composition, grammar, spelling and vocabulary
- Oral and written communication skills
- Record-keeping and record-checking techniques
- Principles of staff and public relations
- Operation of a computer terminal and data entry techniques
- Principles, practices and techniques of public agency human resources including recruitment, selection and equal employment opportunity
- Initiate and check records with accuracy and speed
- Read, interpret and apply technical instructions for computer system operations
- Understand and apply principles, techniques and procedures required for effective job performance
- Operate a computer terminal to enter data, maintain records, and generate reports
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Use ten-key calculator
- Make mathematical calculations involving basic math applications and computation of percentages and averages
- Gather and analyze data and prepare reports
- Make sound, independent decisions with established policy and procedural guidelines
- Perform detailed office support work and making mathematic calculations with speed and accuracy
- Maintain accurate confidential personnel records
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
Management Salary Range 18/1-5
225 day work year