- Under the direction of the Director of Assessment and Evaluation, plan, coordinate and conduct activities related to assigned State and District assessment and testing programs
- Design, conduct or oversee surveying processes
- Provide technical assistance and training to site and District personnel
- Coordinate the processing of specific assessment and surveying projects through the Technology Services department.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct activities related to assigned State and District assessment and testing programs
- Develop instructions and testing schedules; coordinate delivery and retrieval of materials
- Electronically scan and score forms; generate related reports.
- Provide technical assistance and training to site and District personnel regarding assessment and evaluation activities
- Provide District staff development and training as directed
- Disseminate information and respond to inquiries.
- Participate in the conceptualization, design and implementation of the methodology, processes and forms for large and small-scale research and evaluation studies
- Perform statistical analysis of the resulting data.
- Coordinate the processing of specific assessment and surveying projects through the Technology Services Department including oversight over such processes as scanning, scoring survey processing, archival of data and the establishment and maintenance of related schedules.
- Design and implement data collection and data entry procedures
- Confer with Technology Services department and outside agencies to complete required programming, research and data entry services.
- Develops computer assisted audit processes, routines, and reports to proactively analyze and identify data anomalies.
- Design, conduct or oversee surveying processes including telephone, mail and interview surveys
- Participate in developing the overall study design
- Develop and modify survey instruments
- Lay out scannable answer documents
- Participate in the analysis of basic and complex data
- Prepare related reports. Participate in evaluating the quality of various testing instruments and programs
- Assist in the design and implementation of test evaluation and adoption processes for periodic use in selecting and implementing new District testing programs&rsquo
- Perform technical activities to implement new and modified testing programs.
- Participate in the interpretation and presentation of findings to a variety of audiences including school personnel, parents, District administrators and the Board of Education
- Prepare reports and presentation materials.
- Provide consultation to site and District personnel regarding research and evaluation project design and implementation including overall project design, test construction, survey/forms design, sample selection, data collection and analysis, hypothesis testing, reporting of results, presentation methods and graphics, computer and human resources, information and data sources.
- Perform on-line computer research to maintain knowledge of national, regional and local educational data sources; maintain an awareness of the major professional educational journals which routinely publish research findings
- Maintain an awareness of State-level governmental agencies producing and disseminating educational data
- Serve as a liaison with the major local and State-wide data providers.
- Participate with administrators in the design and maintenance of testing and research-oriented databases and the development, modification or enhancement of mainframe software packages.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and specialized software including desktop publishing, charts and graphics, word processing and spreadsheets. Perform related duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Research and evaluation, data collection, processing, analysis and reporting.
- Planning, organization and direction of student assessment testing activities.
- Educational testing principles and practices.
- Computer capabilities and data processing applications.
- Relational database principles, e.g. SQL Databases and data mining software programs Fundamental principles of electronic data analysis Test/survey design and development.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software including desktop publishing, charts and graphics, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Statistical and mathematical computations and measurements.
- Public speaking techniques.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct activities related to assessment testing.
- Serve as a trainer and technical resource in testing, assessment and proper operations of related software systems.
- Analyze and interpret test data and provide clear and concise narrative and graphic explanations of data and trends.
- Identify data anomalies and/or irregularities
- Express complex/abstract concepts effectively, in oral and written formats
- Compile statistical data in a timely and efficient manner
- Plan and analyze work to utilize the capabilities of available equipment and software.
- Make accurate mathematical and statistical computations.
- Prepare testing materials according to applicable state and district guidelines.
- Ability to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and advances in the field.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work.
- Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports.
- Prepare and perform a variety of oral presentations.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years of experience in assessment, data analysis, test development, educational research or related field. Data warehouse experience is desirable.
Salary Range: 26/1-5
225 Day Workyear