Teacher Librarian Specialist
To provide a library program that meets the educational needs of students and school in the specialist’s area of responsibility. Under the direction of an assigned administrator, coordinate, implement and oversee the use of automated and manual instructional materials and related audio visual equipment; organize, provide and maintain library media services, materials and equipment to meet the instructional and informational needs of students and faculty; coordinate, implement and conduct instruction services for students in the effective use of information resources. Planning and facilitating for technology implementation and for Teaching and Learning initiatives.
- Will foster a learning environment in both physical and virtual spaces which promotes active and engaged learning.
- Will select, acquire, catalogue, bar code, scan, check out and assure the timely return of electronic equipment including tablets, projectors and other instructional materials, textbooks and equipment according to established guidelines and procedures; collect related fees.
- Will monitor inventory levels of library supplies, equipment and textbooks; order supplies and equipment as necessary; coordinate and oversee the ordering, processing and distribution of textbooks and electronic tablets.
- Will work with the principal and school leadership team to provide access to technology resources and services of technology facilitator at point of need.
- Will implement best practices related to technology use in the school program based on research, pilot programs, and state/national standards.
- Will employ planning, record-keeping, resource management, and learning environment management practices which support district and school expectations, employ current technology, and maximize the library/media center’s effectiveness.
- Will provide a library program, including staff development, collaboration, modeling, and instruction which is coordinated with and supportive of the school’s instructional program and district-wide goals.
- Will support academically needy students to improve their acquisition of literacy skills.
- Will conduct staff development for the successful implementation of grant initiatives.
- Will be responsible for the supervision of students, paraprofessionals and clerical personnel in the specialist’s area of responsibility.
- Will provide for student supervision to ensure student safety consistent with district and school expectations.
- Will communicate with students, parents, administrators and other staff members in a manner which is consistent with district and school expectations and promotes the use of the library/media center.
- Will assume professional responsibilities in a manner which meets district and school expectations and ensures continued personal and professional growth in education, technology, and library science.
- Will work with teachers and technology staff in the selection of resources that are compatible with the school technology infrastructure.
- Will provide leadership and collaboration with district committees to develop, implement and update their school’s instructional technology plan to be aligned with the district level technology plan.
- Will collaborate with teachers, media and technology staff, and students to evaluate and select resources addressing curricular needs and learning goals.
- Will implement district goals and objectives for teacher librarian specialist as modified in the individual’s planning conference.
- Will perform other duties as assigned consistent with the district goals and the New Haven Teachers Association contract.
- Coordinate, implement and oversee the use of automated and manual instructional materials and related audio-visual equipment.
- Organize, provide and maintain library media services, materials and equipment to meet the instructional and informational needs of students and faculty.
- Coordinate, implement and conduct instruction services for students in the effective use of information resources. Operate, adjust, service and circulate audio-visual equipment and media materials.
- Learn policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
- Learn District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
- Prioritize and schedule work. Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Operate standard office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Kneel, crouch and bend at the waist to reach a variety of materials.
- Reach above the head, horizontally and above the shoulders to reach a variety of materials.
Education and Experience Required:
- Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s degree
Licenses and Other Requirements
- Valid California Teaching Credential
- Valid Teacher Librarian Services Credential
- Library environment
- Certificated Salary Schedule